Saturday, March 21, 2020

Cora is here

Cora was born Feb 24,2020 at 5:23 am. She was 10 pounds and over 21 inches. I started having contractions Saturday before. They were hard but inconsistent. I was waiting for them to become regular. Finally about 3 am Sunday morning we called my mom and the midwife and we headed to the hospital. We got there and we walked around I was told my contractions were not strong or consistent enough so they sent me home. Everyone but me went to church. I tried to rest but started throwing up and had a fever Jason called the midwife and she said come in. I was diagnosed with an infection I. The amniotic fluid. Put on meds. Cora had a heart rate over 200. Once on meds she calmed down. They were then able to help labor go faster. I had the best epidural ever. We stayed at hospital a few days. Jason handled things at home. Poor Teresa had to get 9 kids ready and 6 off to school that Monday but she was amazing and helpdul. Jason's parents came out for a week to help. Overall Cora is doing great and we were able to get her blessed while Jason's parents were here in town.


No comments:

Post a Comment